Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Batman: Odyssey Preview-Thoughts

Good morning again, Gotham,

On Wednesday morning, DC's The Source Blog posted some more preview pages from this week's comics, but this time it was from Neal Adams' Batman: Odyssey #1 (of 6). So, if you want to check out those previews, just head over there.

Now.. again, this is like First Wave problem, when I first saw these previews a while ago with no dialog, I figured that there was no way this is Bruce Wayne in this Batsuit because Batman does not use guns. At all. It's against his nature because his parents' lives were taken with a gun. So, of course I thought this was going to be some sort of impostor at the very least, and that would set up the storyline for this mini-series.

Neal Adams is so well versed in the Gotham mythos, that I have no doubt that this series is going to be nothing less than excellent, but it is always bizarre to me seeing Batman holding a gun, it just isn't right. Unless this is the start of his career, which it clearly is, and Adams is actually pulling from the Golden Age, which most wouldn't do, I don't know what to think, especially with this coming from one of the most well respected names in Batman's history of creators.

So, again, I have no doubt that this mini-series will be fantastic, but I don't think any of us like to see Batman toting a gun, and I hope this isn't a trend, but with First Wave and now Odyssey, that's not looking promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment