Thursday, July 15, 2010

New Bat Writers and Artists

Oh my! Look at all the new writers and artists coming our way! According to DC's The Source, Bat-fans should be expecting a change in the ranks of our Bat-related titles.

First off, Scott Snyder of Vertigo's American Vampire will be taking the reins of Detective Comics in November. Here's what Scott had to say:

“I’ve read Batman religiously since the 80’s, and there are many stories dear to my heart - from Year One to the Cult to No Man’s Land to Hush and The Long Halloween - but I’ve been particularly amazed by what the Batman team in general, and Grant specifically, has done with the character over the last few years. I couldn’t be more thrilled or honored to be working on Detective right now … this is honestly my dream job. As for the series, I want to play things pretty close to the vest for now, but I can tell you that it’ll star Batman, and will focus heavily on his CSI work and hardcore mysteries set around Gotham. The back-up will center on Commissioner Gordon and involve a certain case - and a dark figure - from his past that comes back to haunt him in present day Gotham. The feature and back-up will be stand-alone, but will affect and inform each other. Again, huge thanks to Mike Marts and everyone in the great Bat-family for making a place for me in Gotham - I’ll work hard to earn my keep. And please, DC Nation, let me know what you think, too!”

Next, Mr. Tony Daniel is taking up the mantle of Bat writer/artist on Batman yet again in November. Here is what Mr. Daniel had to say:


“I am thrilled and honored to be tapped for further writing duties on the world’s most iconic super hero, Batman. I look forward to telling exciting tales with the caped crusader and exploring old and new characters alike. I will continue to put my best foot forward on each and every page.”

Next, J.T. Krul (Green Arrow) and Nicola Scott (Secret Six) will be taking the reigns of Teen Titans in November. And joining the team? None other than everyone's favorite 10-year old badass: Damian Wayne! As J.T. Krul put it, what's the Teen Titans without Robin?


Finally, also in November, Batman and Robin, the dynamic duo will meet the other dynamic duo of Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason (Green Lantern Corps). Here is what Tomasi has to say.

“I’m incredibly excited to be working on BATMAN AND ROBIN! I mean who the hell wouldn’t be?!? I’ve enjoyed my few forays into the Bat Universe with NIGHTWING, BATMAN: BLACKEST NIGHT, and BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS, and was always hoping I’d get a chance to tackle a main Bat book, so to be able to take the monthly reins from Grant on such a tremendous book is a dream come true and it’s going to be a blast, especially when my partner in crime is artist Patrick Gleason, who I’ve had a great working relationship over in GREEN LANTERN CORPS!”

Now, I've met Peter Tomasi and I have to say he's a super nice guy. I'm not sure if that'll influence your opinion at all, but note, he's really cool.

And this is what Mr. Gleason had to say:

“I can’t wait to get started! Drawing Batman, Robin and Gotham city is something I’ve dreamt of sinking my teeth into for a very long time! Recently I’ve even had to start carrying around a sketchbook wherever I go because I constantly get these ideas of cool images, or random details that I want to use somewhere in the book.

I am incredibly grateful to DC for the opportunity to be added to the list of fine talent who have laid pen and pencil to the Dark Knight. Also I’m very happy to continue working with Peter Tomasi. With him at the helm you just know we’re in good hands and Batman and Robin will continue to be a great ride!”

Exciting stuff, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment