Monday, August 9, 2010

Detective Comics Gets Jock

Sensational artist Jock, who Gothamites should be familiar with from teaming up with Greg Rucka on his Batwoman in Detective Comics arc (he came in after J. H. Williams III), Green Arrow: Year One and The Losers with Andy Diggle, has signed on to perform art duties for Scott Snyder on his upcoming Detective Comics run as The Source reported early Monday.



Jock is joined by Dave Baron, both of whom did pencils and colors, respectively, for Rucka, so they are no strangers to the book. 

For those that don't recall, Scott Snyder's arc is to heavily focus on a CSI mentality of Batman solving crimes and uncovering mysteries, so pretty much he's writing, I must say, a refreshing tale of Batman as a detective.

Jock goes on to say this about Snyder's script.
"Scott and I got the chance to talk a number of times over Comic-Con weekend in San Diego and his original and striking hook for the story took me completely by surprise - I couldn’t believe it hadn’t been done before and I was instantly hooked… I’m thrilled to be working with him on this and along with David Baron on colors can’t wait to get this story out there."
Jock is currently one of my favorite artists as his style is anything but ordinary, so I can't wait until November.

No comments:

Post a Comment